New Chief Exec for James Paget Trust
A FORMER dental surgeon has been appointed Chief Executive of James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.Wendy Slaney has held a number of clinical and management posts in the NHS and has been interim Chief Executive on two occasions - most recently for the past year - and is well known to many patients and staff, having worked here for a number of years.
A FORMER dental surgeon has been appointed Chief Executive of James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Wendy Slaney has held a number of clinical and management posts in the NHS and has been interim Chief Executive on two occasions - most recently for the past year - and is well known to many patients and staff, having worked here for a number of years.
John Hemming, Chairman at the Trust, said: “Wendy has a clear sense of direction and a passion for delivering good patient services and she has been at the centre of innovation and change throughout her career. She has extensive knowledge of the Trust - both from a frontline and a boardroom perspective.
“Her appointment will provide continuity and build on the excellent work under way in key priority areas including patient safety and patient experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Wendy said: “I am looking forward to continuing the work with staff, stakeholders and local people to ensure that the best possible standard of healthcare is available locally. The commitment and contribution of all staff here is immense and it's my role to support staff in the delivery of patient care so that local people can be justifiably proud of their hospital and other services provided by the Trust.
“I am also keen that the Trust plays its part in the delivery of excellent education, training and research in the field of healthcare.”
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Teens aged 15 and 16 arrested after man stabbed in park robbery
Wendy has held a number of roles during her time at the Trust, including Medical Director and Clinical Director for Community Dental Services.