New college theatre to open
THE new theatre at Great Yarmouth College will be open to the public next Friday for a cinema experience of film and media students' work.The students will make full use of the giant screen with HD projection and integrated sound system to show their work in a special end-of-term event.
THE new theatre at Great Yarmouth College will be open to the public next Friday for a cinema experience of film and media students' work.
The students will make full use of the giant screen with HD projection and integrated sound system to show their work in a special end-of-term event.
Anyone interested in media courses at the college - from first diplomas full to foundation degrees - is invited to drop into the theatre, which has pull-out seating for 110 people, to see the skills the students gain from the courses.
Course leader Phil Bury said the new theatre in the new �2m School of Arts and Creative Technologies was the perfect showcase for their work.
“It is an opportunity for students to show what they can do. There will be a variety of work - animation, 3-D work, music, videos, video installations, experimental work and short dramas.”
“Anyone interested in our courses starting in September can come in and we can give them information.”
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 5 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 6 New performing arts studio is something to sing about for Gabriella, 21
- 7 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 8 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 9 Pregnancy loss charity opens Great Yarmouth support hub
- 10 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
The show is in the theatre in Studios 2 and 3 between 12.30pm and 2.30pm.