New college theatre to open
THE new theatre at Great Yarmouth College will be open to the public next Friday for a cinema experience of film and media students' work.The students will make full use of the giant screen with HD projection and integrated sound system to show their work in a special end-of-term event.
THE new theatre at Great Yarmouth College will be open to the public next Friday for a cinema experience of film and media students' work.
The students will make full use of the giant screen with HD projection and integrated sound system to show their work in a special end-of-term event.
Anyone interested in media courses at the college - from first diplomas full to foundation degrees - is invited to drop into the theatre, which has pull-out seating for 110 people, to see the skills the students gain from the courses.
Course leader Phil Bury said the new theatre in the new �2m School of Arts and Creative Technologies was the perfect showcase for their work.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an opportunity for students to show what they can do. There will be a variety of work - animation, 3-D work, music, videos, video installations, experimental work and short dramas.”
“Anyone interested in our courses starting in September can come in and we can give them information.”
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
The show is in the theatre in Studios 2 and 3 between 12.30pm and 2.30pm.