New cop shop for Stalham?
A new police station could be built in Stalham in the next few months, just yards from the current one.Norfolk police want to move across to the other side of Yarmouth Road and on to what is currently agricultural land, formerly part of Church Farm.
A new police station could be built in Stalham in the next few months, just yards from the current one.
Norfolk police want to move across to the other side of Yarmouth Road and on to what is currently agricultural land, formerly part of Church Farm.
Known in police speak as an operational deployment base, the station will be shared with the East of England Ambulance Service for the deployment of ambulances.
It is the latest move in the force's long term estate strategy, which has recently seen new stations built in Aylsham, Cromer and Wells.
You may also want to watch:
The new Stalham station, which will be single storey, with a flat roof and about the same size as the existing station but on a larger area of land, will also have a 15 metre tall communications antenna on the site.
A planning application has been submitted to North Norfolk District Council and will be considered in the next few weeks.
- 1 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 2 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 3 See inside new homes taking shape at former Pontins holiday park
- 4 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 5 National newspaper names Great Yarmouth as a top autumn destination
- 6 Christmas markets 'spread out across the borough'
- 7 Bid for shop in end-of-terrace house refused
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Mother's shock at son's inquest over lack of mental health improvements
- 10 Iconic seaside venue becomes 'place to be' in Great Yarmouth
Stalham Town Council members will debate the plan at their next meeting on Monday evening and then forward their views to the district council.