New curator at Nelson Museum
THE Nelson Museum has announced that Hannah Bentley will take over from Faith Carpenter as curator. Faith, who is expecting a baby, will spend her final day at the museum on Thursday and has been showing Hannah the ropes.
THE Nelson Museum has announced that Hannah Bentley will take over from Faith Carpenter as curator.
Faith, who is expecting a baby, will spend her final day at the museum on Thursday and has been showing Hannah the ropes.
“I wanted to leave Hannah with as much information about the job as possible, so we have spent the last four weeks going over the running of the museum to ensure a smooth handover,” said Faith.
Hannah is returning to Norfolk after her museums' career took her to Hampshire and Surrey. She was brought up in Acle and attended Acle High School, so returning to her roots is important to her.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It's great to be back in Norfolk and I'm really looking forward to taking on the running of such a fantastic museum.”
Hannah has worked in museums for the past eight years after studying medieval and modern history at Royal Holloway, University of London and completing a Masters degree in museum studies at the Textile Conservation Centre, University of Southampton. Hannah has an extensive knowledge of military museums having worked as assistant curator at the Royal Logistic Corps Museum, Army Medical Services Museum and Army Physical Training Corps Museum.
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
She is looking forward to the new challenges of working in a small independent museum and getting to grips with naval and maritime history and, of course, learning more about Admiral Lord Nelson.