New cycle route launched
A NEW cycle route taking in the countryside and ancient churches of the south Broads was launched this weekend.The South Trinity Broads Benefice cycle trail covers a distance of 12.
A NEW cycle route taking in the countryside and ancient churches of the south Broads was launched this weekend.
The South Trinity Broads Benefice cycle trail covers a distance of 12.5miles and visits the churches in Filby, Thrigby, Mautby, Runham, Stokesby, Billocky and Fleggburgh.
The benefice has produced a cycle map detailing places of interest along the route, which has been funded by the Diocese of Norwich and Open Churches.
As the first cyclists set off to follow the route on Saturday, scaffolding was being taken down at St Mary's Church in Thrigby - which is featured on the cycle trail - after more than two years of repair work which saw the roof above the main nave retiled.
You may also want to watch:
A map of the trail is available from all of the churches and other tourist venues on the route. It is also available online at www.thebroadsbybike.org.uk.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 3 'Enough is enough, let us dance' - Nightclubs lose patience over lockdown
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 5 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Delay to planned Freedom Day a 'nightmare' for coastal businesses
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 10 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis