New date confirmed for popular Tiffanys Reunion event
- Credit: Archant
A popular night out which was due to take place this weekend has been rescheduled, after the event was left without a venue.
Tiffanys Reunion, which attracts hundreds of nostalgic revellers, had been due to take place at the Tower Complex on the seafront tomorrow night (Saturday, December 10) however, issues with the venue meant a new date had to be arranged.
However, this date has now been confirmed, with the reunion set to take place on Saturday, Feburary 18 at the Ocean Rooms in Gorleston.
Organiser Dave Starbuck posted the following update on Facebook: “Firstly, I wanted to acknowledge the amazing support I have received from so many people including local venues who have offered to help - it means a lot.
“Logistically the venue needs to tick a number of boxes to stage an event of this type with such a large band, sound & lighting, dressing rooms, DJ’s etc
“Unfortunately there is no venue in the area that can accommodate this for Saturday night - I have tried everywhere and thanks for your suggestions. Saturday is cancelled.
“However I do have some fabulous news:
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
- 10 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
“Angelo Starr and The Edwin Starr Band and his agent have been superb and have offered to fulfil The Reunion at no further cost and so has everyone else connected with the gig.
“Our new venue for The Reunion is now The Ocean Rooms and I must say that Russell Edwards has been just amazing in pulling out the stops for us. We will reschedule the event for Saturday February 18th 2017 and all tickets sold will be honoured, I know it’s not Christmas but I believe the event will be bigger and better in a fabulous well run venue.
“I am very sorry that we cannot run tomorrow’s event and as you know this has been completely out of my control.
“If you prefer to have your money refunded then of course that is no problem please message me and we can make arrangements.
“These events have always been about the people. We have all just wanted to relive our youth with like minded ‘young at heart’ clubbers and you have demonstrated that you want these nights out. We tried our best at The Tower and we were patient.
“Thanks for your support and I hope you will follow me to The Ocean Rooms.”