New health centre opens on Monday
A �2m health centre in Great Yarmouth will be opening its doors to patients for the first time on Monday.The Cobholm and Lichfield centre on Pasteur Road is replacing the health services provided by the Nelson Medical Centre which will close from noon tomorrow.
A �2m health centre in Great Yarmouth will be opening its doors to patients for the first time on Monday.
The Cobholm and Lichfield centre on Pasteur Road is replacing the health services provided by the Nelson Medical Centre which will close from noon tomorrow.
As well as housing GP services, the energy efficient new building also includes a minor operation room, a meeting room and shared clinical facilities for nurses working within the community.
David Edwards OBE, Chairman of NHS Yarmouth and Waveney, which funded the project, said: “The Cobholm and Lichfield centre will provide a modern environment from which high quality, convenient and easily accessible healthcare services can be delivered to people from across Yarmouth, as and when they need them.”
Lindsey Smith, practice manager at the Nelson Medical Centre, said: “We look forward to welcoming our patients, both old and new, into the new practice.”
It is based next to the Lichfield and Cobholm Resource Centre which will continue to hold adult education, family mediation and stop smoking sessions and host organisations, including a diabetes support group, an older peoples network and Parkinsons support group.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
The new telephone number for the Lichfield and Cobholm practice is 01493 419600.