New health clinic to open in Yarmouth
Patients can register at Great Yarmouth's newest health centre during two special open events next week. NHS Greyfriars Health Centre will open for registrations between 8am and 8pm next Thursday and Friday with clinics set to start the following Monday at 8am.
Patients can register at Great Yarmouth's newest health centre during two special open events next week.
NHS Greyfriars Health Centre will open for registrations between 8am and 8pm next Thursday and Friday with clinics set to start the following Monday at 8am.
The practice boundary stretches from Gorleston in the south to Scratby in the north and as far east as Thrigby. Anyone who wants to check if they are eligible to register should contact the health centre direct and will need to bring with them some form of ID, their medical card or quote their NHS number when they attend.
The new GP-led health centre and walk-in service has been funded by NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney and will be provided by Malling Health LLP.
“We are delighted to be working with Malling to provide this important new health facility for the people of Great Yarmouth,” said David Edwards, chairman of NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
“Not only will the centre improve access to a wide variety of high quality services for local people, but it will also be extremely useful for visitors to the area, who will be able to access walk in treatment 12 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 3 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
- 4 Gorleston murder accused refuses to leave cell for court hearing
- 5 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 6 Tesco granted licence to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 8 New face mask rules: Are Yarmouth shoppers complying?
- 9 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 10 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
“One of our key commitments is giving people greater access to services at times which are more convenient to them. This new centre has been designed to do just that.”
The centre, which will open 12 hours a day and 365 days a year, will provide GP services along with blood tests, minor surgery, cervical screening, drug and alcohol services, weight management, stop smoking and sexual health advice, vaccinations and ECG tests. It will offer appointments as well as a walk-in service to both registered and non-registered patients.
Temporary buildings are being used to accommodate the services while new premises are developed on the site. The new scheme is scheduled for completion in 2011.
Anyone with questions about registering should contact NHS Greyfriars Health Centre on 01493 335340.