New nursery set to help parents left in the lurch in Filby
A nursery has opened up at Filby Primary School, offering provision to parents left in the lurch following the closure of a previous one in the village.
The Little Blossoms Nursery currently looks after six children aged between two and five.
Management are hoping to fill the venue of Thrigby Road, which has a potential capacity of 24 children.
Liz Enfield, who helps run the child care centre said: “The nursery is an exciting place for young children to learn and develop before they enter school.”
Before its opening in September, there was no similar provision in the village.
It came after the sudden closure of the Stepping Stones Day Nursery in December 2015 after 13 years in operation.
It meant children who attended up to that point had to find alternative provision, with the closest nurseries based in Fleggburgh and Ormesby.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
Miss Enfield said: “Obviously there was a need for a new nursery in the village.
“We approached the Great Yarmouth Community Trust with the idea and that proved to be successful.
“It has gone well so far but we are hoping to fill out the remaining spaces so we can run at full capacity.”
The nursery is under the management of the Great Yarmouth Community Trust.
It is one of six that the trust operates based in Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Norwich.
As spaces are available, staff are inviting parents to go along to look around or book a place for their child.
It is open from Mondays to Fridays from 9am to noon, except for Tuesday which is 9am to 3pm.
For enquiries or more details ring 0333 023 7920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.