New store opening in Gorleston celebrated with champagne and cake
- Credit: Specsavers
The founder of the Specsavers brand was on “sight” to launch Gorleston’s new branch.
Dame Mary Perkins travelled from Guernsey for the occasion to officially open the store.
She was helped by Great Yarmouth mayor Kerry Robinson Payne who dressed in green in tribute to the company’s colours.
Staff and customers enjoyed cake, and even the odd glass of champagne to celebrate.
Roxanne England, store manager, said: “The launch was amazing, and my team and I were on a real high.
“Local customers have already taken us to their hearts, and on behalf of the team I would like to thank them for putting their faith in us.
“We are delighted to be officially open and look forward to serving them in the future.”
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 6 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
The shop is opposite Gorleston library in the former photographic shop.
Specsavers is a partnership of nearly 2,000 locally-run businesses, said to be committed to delivering high quality, affordable optical and hearing care in the communities they serve.