New website - Good Care Guide - launched by Happisburgh couple
A new website allowing people to post “reviews” about the country’s care providers in the same way that hotels can be researched on TripAdvisor, has been launched by a duo from Happisburgh.
The Good Care Guide, founded by married couple Stephen and Denise Burke, aims to give relatives a helping hand when it comes to exploring available care options for their loved ones.
The website has been developed over the last year by My Family Care and United for All Ages, and helped by Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission, with the aim of providing a user-friendly way of researching and sharing opinions.
Mr Burke, 51, said: “Good Care Guide will make it much easier for consumers of care to find out what other people really think about care providers,” he said.
“It will provide families with a tool that will enable them to judge the quality of a provider from the honest feedback of other users and enable care users to share their experiences, good or bad.”
He hoped the website would become a deciding factor when choosing care but emphasised it must not be the only factor taken into consideration and explained users still need to do their homework.
“We had over 20,000 visits to the site on launch day and people have been very enthusiastic about it,” he said.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
“More than 80pc of comments have been extremely positive.
“Good Care Guide takes the fear and complexity out of looking for care providers and makes it easier.”
The couple, who have been married since 2005, are also involved locally with community projects including Happisburgh lighthouse, North Walsham Area Community Transport and the Nine Parishes Choir.
? For more information about Good Care Guide please visit the website at www.goodcareguide.co.uk or call 0845 3003086.