New York run to help children
A FORMER Gorleston woman who conquered the London marathon earlier this year has now set her sights on pounding the mean streets of New York.Nicola Sturzaker has caught the running bug badly and will be attempting to improve even on that time when she flies to the USA later next month.
A FORMER Gorleston woman who conquered the London marathon earlier this year has now set her sights on pounding the mean streets of New York.
Nicola Sturzaker has caught the running bug badly and will be attempting to improve even on that time when she flies to the USA later next month.
Nicola, an osteopath and mother of two is aiming to clock up the miles in order to raise money for Get Kids Going, a charity to help disabled children participate in sport - and is hoping to collect nearly £2,000 in donations.
Nicola, who used to practise at the North Sea Medical Centre and the Millwood Medical Centre in Gorleston is now based in Streatham, south London, but is still a regular visitor to the area, where her parents still live. Her father, Hugh Sturzaker, was, until recently a consultant surgeon at the James Paget University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
And it's on those visits that she'll be making the most of Norfolk's quieter roads for her training.
“Gorleston's beaches and seafront are much nicer for running but London and New York are both big cities, obviously, and it'll be a very different feeling running in the shadow of all those skyscrapers,” Nicola said.
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 3 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 4 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 7 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 8 Public response 'phenomenal' as Yarmouth festival sold out
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 'People here know my name' - how crisis cafe is helping mental health
You can sponsor Nicola and raise money for Get Kids Going at: http://www.streathamvillageosteopaths.com.