NHS to launch online support site
PATIENTS who live with a long-term condition are being offered help, support and advice through a one-stop-shop website. The Living Life website, which is being launched on Thursday, will benefit more than 100,000 people in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
PATIENTS who live with a long-term condition are being offered help, support and advice through a one-stop-shop website.
The Living Life website, which is being launched on Thursday, will benefit more than 100,000 people in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
It includes information on a range of conditions and details of local support groups as well as an interactive forum where people can exchange ideas and offer support.
Introduced by NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, the medical advice available through the website has been drawn up by local GP Dr Vincent Forte, who works at the Central Surgery in Gorleston.
NHS Yarmouth and Waveney chairman David Edwards said: “People can use the site to find local support groups, get tips on how best to help themselves and share their thoughts and experiences with others so they can move towards self-managing their condition as much as possible.”
The website also features a password-protected area where patients can keep an electronic diary of their personal health plan, a new initiative from the Department of Health.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 3 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
It is hoped that GPs and other health professionals will recommend the website to their patients as a good port of call for information or advice.
To view the website, visit www.livinglife.gyw.nhs.uk.