NHS to launch online support site
PATIENTS who live with a long-term condition are being offered help, support and advice through a one-stop-shop website. The Living Life website, which is being launched on Thursday, will benefit more than 100,000 people in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
PATIENTS who live with a long-term condition are being offered help, support and advice through a one-stop-shop website.
The Living Life website, which is being launched on Thursday, will benefit more than 100,000 people in the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
It includes information on a range of conditions and details of local support groups as well as an interactive forum where people can exchange ideas and offer support.
Introduced by NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, the medical advice available through the website has been drawn up by local GP Dr Vincent Forte, who works at the Central Surgery in Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
NHS Yarmouth and Waveney chairman David Edwards said: “People can use the site to find local support groups, get tips on how best to help themselves and share their thoughts and experiences with others so they can move towards self-managing their condition as much as possible.”
The website also features a password-protected area where patients can keep an electronic diary of their personal health plan, a new initiative from the Department of Health.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Man released on bail following Gorleston murder arrest
- 3 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 4 Vacant bar, restaurant and hotel sells at auction
- 5 Tiny dog almost loses leg after stepping on broken glass
- 6 Former town centre pub set to become flats
- 7 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 8 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 9 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 10 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
It is hoped that GPs and other health professionals will recommend the website to their patients as a good port of call for information or advice.
To view the website, visit www.livinglife.gyw.nhs.uk.