Nicola's marathon bid
A Gorleston woman is putting her back into it as she hits London's streets to run a marathon for charity.Osteopath and mum-of-two Nicola Sturzaker is aiming to clock up the26.
A Gorleston woman is putting her back into it as she hits London's streets to run a marathon for charity.
Osteopath and mum-of-two Nicola Sturzaker is aiming to clock up the
26.2 miles of this April's forthcoming London marathon to raise money for Spinal Research - and is hoping to collect more than £1,400 in donations.
Nicola, who used to practise at the North Sea Medical Centre and the Millwood Medical Centre in Gorleston, is now based in Streatham, south London, but is a regular visitor to the area, where her parents still live.
You may also want to watch:
Her father, Hugh Sturzaker, was until recently a consultant surgeon at the James Paget University Hospital.
And it's on those visits that she'll be making the most of Norfolk's quieter roads for her training.
- 1 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 2 Former town centre pub set to become flats
- 3 Former care home sells at auction for £400,000
- 4 'You'll be in wheelchair' - Woman, 60, defies consultants to climb mountains
- 5 Tiny dog almost loses leg after stepping on broken glass
- 6 Man released on bail following Gorleston murder arrest
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Burst main knocks out water supply to Broads villages
- 9 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 10 Your tributes to the loved and lost for Father's Day
“I need to get used to London's streets for the marathon itself, but running along the seafront at Gorleston is just so much nicer,” said Nicola.
“The marathon is going to be very, very tough but, as an osteopath, I've seen the misery that back pain and injury can cause and Spinal Research is doing excellent work in the field. I'm hoping to raise
much more than my £1,400 target. I just
hope I don't need medical assistance myself!”
This will be Nicola's first marathon, although she has run in shorter races.
You can sponsor Nicola and raise money for Spinal Research at www.streathamvillageosteopaths.cm