Nicola's on the run!
A Gorleston woman is putting her back into it as she hits London's streets to run a marathon for charity.Osteopath and mum-of-two Nicola Sturzaker is aiming to clock up the26.
A Gorleston woman is putting her back into it as she hits London's streets to run a marathon for charity.
Osteopath and mum-of-two Nicola Sturzaker is aiming to clock up the
26.2 miles of this April's forthcoming London marathon to raise money for Spinal Research - and is hoping to collect more than £1,400 in donations.
Nicola, who used to practise at the North Sea Medical Centre and the Millwood Medical Centre in Gorleston, is now based in Streatham, south London, but is a regular visitor to the area, where her parents still live.
You may also want to watch:
Her father, Hugh Sturzaker, was until recently a consultant surgeon at the James Paget University Hospital.
And it's on those visits that she'll be making the most of Norfolk's quieter roads for her training.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 6 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 7 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 8 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 10 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
“I need to get used to London's streets for the marathon itself, but running along the seafront at Gorleston is just so much nicer,” said Nicola.
“The marathon is going to be very, very tough but, as an osteopath, I've seen the misery that back pain and injury can cause and Spinal Research is doing excellent work in the field. I'm hoping to raise
much more than my £1,400 target. I just
hope I don't need medical assistance myself!”
This will be Nicola's first marathon, although she has run in shorter races.
You can sponsor Nicola and raise money for Spinal Research at www.streathamvillageosteopaths.com