Final call to nominate hospital’s healthcare heroes
- Credit: Archant
Just two weeks remain to nominate staff members at James Paget University Hospital who have gone the extra mile to look after patients.
The public has until Friday, June 15, to nominate candidates for the 2018 Remarkable People Awards, which celebrate dedication, innovation, professionalism care and leadership at the Gorleston hospital.
Awards for a number of categories, including team of the year volunteer of the year, will be presented at the annual awards ceremony in October at the Wherry Hotel in Oulton Broad.
James Paget chief executive, Christine Allen, said: “We know our staff strive to provide the best care they can - often in challenging circumstances - but these awards aim to highlight the very best in patient care, where an individual or team has truly made a difference and exceeded expectations.
“The ceremony is a chance to say thank you to those who work so hard to uphold the trust’s values and behaviours, including demonstrating a positive attitude, valuing and respecting individuals, listening and taking the time to help.”
Also among the categories is the prestigious Eastern Daily Press (EDP) gold ‘patient choice’ award, reserved for patients, relatives or carers to thank an individual or team who have made a difference.
The governors’ award for outstanding service and the chair and chief executive commendation are at the discretion of the governors, chairman and chief executive and are not open for the public nominations.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
Award categories are as follows:
• Ward of the Year
• Team of the Year - Clinical
• Team of the Year – Non-Clinical
• Employee of the Year
• Individual of the Year - Clinical
• Individual of the Year – Non-Clinical
• Inspiration Award
• Volunteer of the Year
• Apprentice of the Year
• EDP Gold ‘Patient Choice’ Award
Nominations from patients, their relatives or fellow staff members are all welcome. A small number of finalists will be selected by the hospital’s judging panel and invited to the awards night.
Nomination forms are available from the hospital’s main reception desk or online. They can be handed in at reception, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent to Anne-Marie Breach, Communications and Digital Media Officer, Communications Office, James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston, Norfolk, NR31 6LA.