‘I just want to see this poor lass back home’: Van artist Ruddy Muddy joins search for Sophie
- Credit: Archant
Ruddy Muddy has joined the search for missing UEA student Sophie Smith.
The talented artist from Wicklewood, real name Rick Minns, is keen to do all that he can to help find the 21-year-old from Gorleston, and is hoping his latest creation will do just that.
'I just want to see this poor lass back home, safe and sound,' he said.
'My thoughts are with all her family and friends. I can't imagine what they must be going through.'
For his latest artwork Ruddy Muddy teamed up with sign writer Lynsey Cole from Damsel Dragonfly Art, who did the lettering.
Meanwhile, coastguard teams remain on standby as the search for Sophie continues.
She is believed to have entered the sea at Gorleston having disappeared from her home in Avondale Road during the early hours of Boxing Day morning wearing only a vest and shorts.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 6 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
Coastguard teams from Lowestoft and Southwold, Gorleston and Winterton carried out a large-scale, intensive search along the coastline yesterday (December 29), which involved scouring the beach and coastline between Lowestoft Harbour and the South Pier in Gorleston.
The search proved fruitless.
Sophie left her home at 3am on December 26 and CCTV footage has captured her heading towards the seafront a short time later.
Police have said she had been suffering from severe anxiety and depression.
If anyone has any information regarding the whereabouts of Sophie Smith, please contact Norfolk Police immediately on 101.