Search for missing Carol Smalley to resume on Wednesday
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Police plan to search the coastline for missing woman Carol Smalley by using a drone on Wednesday.
Mrs Smalley, 55, was last seen on Wednesday, January 3 with her clothes and a bag found on a beach at Hopton.
Her disappearance had led to extensive searches at the end of last week.
A police spokesman said a further coastal search is planned for Wednesday and will involve Norfolk Constabulary’s drone.
Mrs Smalley, who is from Lincolnshire, had stayed at a hotel near Hopton. She had holidayed in the area before.
You may also want to watch:
Previous searches involved lifeboat crews and Coastgaurd teams, a Lowland Search and Rescue Team and the Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Anyone with information on Mrs Smalley’s whereabouts should call police on 101 quoting reference 27.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job