Norfolk sea creature film bags eight awards at UK festival
- Credit: Submitted
A film investigating a mythical beast off Norfolk's coast has grabbed a bagful of awards at a national festival.
'Fact or Fiction? The Norfolk Sea Creature', made by a pair of Great Yarmouth men, director Jordan Thomas Sendall and producer Kyle Ball, won eight prizes at the Fortean Film Festival, based in Gloucester.
Among the gongs were Best British Short, Best Documentary and Best Performance.
Mr Sendall said: "The idea of our film even being screened, regardless of the awards, that was an award in itself.
"I've never submitted to a film festival before. It was an amazing experience really. It was a bit surreal watching somethinig you've made on a big screen."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Ball said: "We weren't expecting anything like that at all. We're just two boys from Yarmouth who just wanted to make a film for fun.
"We were a bit like deers in the headlights getting attention at the festival."
A trailer for the 25-minute film can be seen on YouTube.
- 1 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 2 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 'A wonderful place': A look back at Gorleston's 'second high street'
- 9 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 10 Do you recognise this man?