Norwich City Football Club reveals new home kit
- Credit: supplied by Norwich City Football Club
Norwich City Football Club has revealed its new home kit for the 2018-19 season which gives a nod to one of the highlights of the club's history.
The new Erreà kit - which was revealed by players today at events at Jarrold Intersport and Chapelfield Plain - pays tribute to the 25th anniversary of the Canaries' UEFA Cup run by presenting a modern twist on the 1992-94 kit.
It was launched online at 11am today, shortly before first-team players Louis Thompson and new signing Emi Buendia wore the kit for the first time at a signing session at the newly rebranded Jarrold Intersport in London Street.
Scores of fans streamed into the store to meet the players and they gave their thumbs up to the new-look kit, with the nostalgia element proving especially popular.
Kayleigh Coverdale, NCFC's head of retail, said: 'This year's home kit is one that we are really proud of and believe will resonate with our supporters given its extra meaning.
'We have really focused this year on creating a kit inspired by our historical 93/94 era and one which has a modern flair to encompass elements from the original shirt.'
Ben Kensell, NCFC director of commercial, said the kit marked the start of the brand new season and that he was delighted with how it was being received by fans.
- 1 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
- 2 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 3 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 4 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 5 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 6 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 7 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 8 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 9 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 10 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
He added that the launch event at Jarrold Intersport also marked a renewed partnership between the football club and Jarrold.
Michelle Jarrold, development director at Jarrold, added: 'We had a very close association several years ago and I'm delighted that we are re-establishing that with the club.
'It's a very important part of Norwich in the same way that we hope people think Jarrold is, so the connection of the two heritage brands, if you like, is an exciting one for us.'
Later in the afternoon fans also enjoyed meeting NCFC first-team players Remi Matthews, Max Aarons and Grant Hanley at a second signing session at Chapelfield Plain, just outside intu Chapelfield shopping centre.
• The new NCFC kit is available online now at shop.canaries.co.uk
• Jarrold Intersport - the first Intersport concept store in mainland UK - will be holding an official launch weekend for the new-look London Street store on July 7 and 8.
Canaries fans give their verdict on the new football shirt
Jack Cummings, 16, from North Walsham: 'I really like it.
'It's kind of similar to last year's but with a twist.'
Kameron Thompson, 15, from Hemsby: 'It's really nice.
'I like the design, it's a nice fit and nice and thin.
'The badge is nice too and I like the detail on the shoulder.'
Andrew Cranefield, 42, from Great Yarmouth: 'I think it's good because it is sort of modelled on the 1992-94 kit they wore when we did well in Europe, so I suppose they are hoping to do well again!'
Rebecca Roxby, 17, from Thorpe St Andrew: 'I like the triangle patterns and it is nice and bright so you can show off your support for the club.
'I think this is one of the nicest shirts.
'All the shirts have been good but I really like this one, it has a retro look.'