Nutters dreaming of rugby triumph
DOH Nutters, Great Yarmouth O2 Scrum on the Beach winners head to Twickenham, this week in the hope of being crowned national champions.The winning team from each regional event, plus four additional teams, travel to the home of rugby on Friday, to take part in a final tag tournament with England stars, Austin Healey and Paul Sackey.
DOH Nutters, Great Yarmouth O2 Scrum on the Beach winners head to Twickenham, this week in the hope of being crowned national champions.
The winning team from each regional event, plus four additional teams, travel to the home of rugby on Friday, to take part in a final tag tournament with England stars, Austin Healey and Paul Sackey.
The Doh Nutters were selected by London Wasps and England wing Paul Sackey, for displaying the best beach rugby style, both on and off the pitch.
On arrival at Twickenham, the teams will be welcomed by former England star Austin Healey who will kick off the tournament. The teams will then take to the pitch in the hope of claiming one of three prizes, including the all important winners cup.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Stevenson, O2 head of sponsorship, said: “The response to this year's O2 Scrum on the Beach has been phenomenal and we've been very impressed with the level of talent from the teams that have taken part this summer.
“The events have given a huge number of people access to rugby and we hope inspired some of them to get more involved in the sport.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
“The final will give those top teams a fantastic opportunity to really put their skills to the test, and where better to do that, but at Twickenham Stadium, the home of England rugby.”
O2 Scrum on the Beach is part of the RFU's Play On campaign, which aims to keep 16-24 year-olds involved in and playing the game as they move from school into higher education and beyond.
RFU community rugby director Andrew Scoular said: “Rugby is the fastest growing major sport in the country and the Play On campaign is all about making sure we keep as many young people involved in the game as possible. The O2 Scrum on the Beach series was a major success last year and it has been fantastic to have O2's continued support in expanding the programme to provide even more playing opportunities this year."