Old coach on the road with advice
A FIFTY year old coach is taking to the road bringing help and advice to rural residents on a range of issues.The restored 1959 Bedford coach has been hired to take part in the tour of villages to the north of Great Yarmouth.
A FIFTY year old coach is taking to the road bringing help and advice to rural residents on a range of issues.
The restored 1959 Bedford coach has been hired to take part in the tour of villages to the north of Great Yarmouth.
The two day event taking place on Wednesday, April 1 and April 8 is also promoting the Acle Ourbus Flexibus service.
Representatives from the borough council, charities and community organisations will be on board to deal with issues including benefits, pensions, housing, crime reduction and local transport.
Organised by Community Connections, the Rural North Bus Tour has been sponsored by the Help the Aged and the flexibus.
The bus will be visiting the stopping at the following times and locations -
- 1 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 2 Drink driver caught while following police car on A47
- 3 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 4 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 5 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
- 6 Children's truck convoy returns to region's road this August
- 7 Artist unveils stunning new butterfly mural on private house
- 8 Queen's baton and carnival set to deliver 'super Saturday' in Yarmouth
- 9 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 10 Man jailed for hotel arson which caused £6k of damage
Wednesday April 1 - Martham, Kings Head 9.30-10.15am; Winterton, George Beck Road 10.30-11.15am; Hemsby, St Mary's Close 11.30am-12.15pm; Ormesby King's Head 12.30-1.15pm; Caister, Charles Close 1.30-2.15pm; Caister, Old Hall carpark 2.30 to 3.30pm.
Wednesday April 8 - Acle, King's Head 9.30-10.30am; Stokesby, Ferry Inn 11am to noon; Fleggburgh Village Hall, 12.30-1.30pm; Fleggburgh, St Margarets Way 1.45 to 2.45pm; Filby, playing field 3-3.45pm.