Old coach on the road with advice
A FIFTY year old coach is taking to the road bringing help and advice to rural residents on a range of issues.The restored 1959 Bedford coach has been hired to take part in the tour of villages to the north of Great Yarmouth.
A FIFTY year old coach is taking to the road bringing help and advice to rural residents on a range of issues.
The restored 1959 Bedford coach has been hired to take part in the tour of villages to the north of Great Yarmouth.
The two day event taking place on Wednesday, April 1 and April 8 is also promoting the Acle Ourbus Flexibus service.
Representatives from the borough council, charities and community organisations will be on board to deal with issues including benefits, pensions, housing, crime reduction and local transport.
Organised by Community Connections, the Rural North Bus Tour has been sponsored by the Help the Aged and the flexibus.
The bus will be visiting the stopping at the following times and locations -
- 1 Council apologises to tenant who lived in mouldy house for years
- 2 Elderly driver taken to hospital after village green crash
- 3 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 4 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 5 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 6 Teen who achieved salon dream is national award finalist
- 7 'We need to live our lives' - Mercury survey reveals Covid impact
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing 30 jobs shifts to new site
- 10 Injuries reported after crash closes road in Great Yarmouth
Wednesday April 1 - Martham, Kings Head 9.30-10.15am; Winterton, George Beck Road 10.30-11.15am; Hemsby, St Mary's Close 11.30am-12.15pm; Ormesby King's Head 12.30-1.15pm; Caister, Charles Close 1.30-2.15pm; Caister, Old Hall carpark 2.30 to 3.30pm.
Wednesday April 8 - Acle, King's Head 9.30-10.30am; Stokesby, Ferry Inn 11am to noon; Fleggburgh Village Hall, 12.30-1.30pm; Fleggburgh, St Margarets Way 1.45 to 2.45pm; Filby, playing field 3-3.45pm.