Olympic torch relay: route, timings and where to park
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journeys tomorrow when the flame is carried through the borough.
The flame is expected to arrive in Acle at around 8.05am and it will travel from Norwich Road, along The Street and finish on New Road, before it is driven to Filby.
It is expected to arrive at Filby Bridge at 8.25am and travel along Filby playing field at 8.30am before going to Pound Lane at 8.35am and finishing in Poplar Drive at 8.40am.
It will then be driven to Great Yarmouth where it is due to arrive on Caister Road near the stadium at 9.07am and then make its way along Lawn Avenue at 9.20am. The torch will be carried along Fullers Hill at 9.30am, through the marketplace at 9.35am, across Haven Bridge at 9.40am before finishing on Pasteur Road at 9.45am. It will then be driven to Lowestoft.
A rolling road closure will be in place to minimise disruption. People wishing to see the flame should arrive half an hour before the torch is due to arrive.
You may also want to watch:
There will be no on-street parking along Norwich Road, The Street or New Road in Acle and the roads around The Green will be closed to all vehicles.
People are encouraged to share lifts and park for free at the recreation centre, the open space at Springfield which will be sign posted from the A47 roundabout, or at Amber Lodge on South Walsham Road where there will be a free shuttle bus. Limited disabled parking will be available at Broadland Steel, New Road.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 10 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
In Filby, public parking will be provided at Broadland Sports Club at Fleggburgh and spectators travelling from this direction are encouraged to park here and walk the short distance to Filby to view.
Further public car parking will be available at the Filby playing field site plus coach parking is available at Filby Bridge restaurant by prior arrangement.
In Great Yarmouth, the Marketplace car park will be closed until after the Olympic Torch Relay passes through to allow for public and school viewing areas.
Parking will be available at Fullers Hill car park, King Street and Beach Coach Station car parks
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Police want all those people attending the Torch Relay celebrations to have an enjoyable experience.
“We would like to thank motorists in advance for their consideration whilst the Torch passes through the area.
“We advise spectators to stay safe, listen to the advice given by traffic marshals and stewards and to look after their belongings.”