Olympic torch relay: route, timings and where to park
Motorists are advised to allow extra time for their journeys tomorrow when the flame is carried through the borough.
The flame is expected to arrive in Acle at around 8.05am and it will travel from Norwich Road, along The Street and finish on New Road, before it is driven to Filby.
It is expected to arrive at Filby Bridge at 8.25am and travel along Filby playing field at 8.30am before going to Pound Lane at 8.35am and finishing in Poplar Drive at 8.40am.
It will then be driven to Great Yarmouth where it is due to arrive on Caister Road near the stadium at 9.07am and then make its way along Lawn Avenue at 9.20am. The torch will be carried along Fullers Hill at 9.30am, through the marketplace at 9.35am, across Haven Bridge at 9.40am before finishing on Pasteur Road at 9.45am. It will then be driven to Lowestoft.
A rolling road closure will be in place to minimise disruption. People wishing to see the flame should arrive half an hour before the torch is due to arrive.
You may also want to watch:
There will be no on-street parking along Norwich Road, The Street or New Road in Acle and the roads around The Green will be closed to all vehicles.
People are encouraged to share lifts and park for free at the recreation centre, the open space at Springfield which will be sign posted from the A47 roundabout, or at Amber Lodge on South Walsham Road where there will be a free shuttle bus. Limited disabled parking will be available at Broadland Steel, New Road.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
In Filby, public parking will be provided at Broadland Sports Club at Fleggburgh and spectators travelling from this direction are encouraged to park here and walk the short distance to Filby to view.
Further public car parking will be available at the Filby playing field site plus coach parking is available at Filby Bridge restaurant by prior arrangement.
In Great Yarmouth, the Marketplace car park will be closed until after the Olympic Torch Relay passes through to allow for public and school viewing areas.
Parking will be available at Fullers Hill car park, King Street and Beach Coach Station car parks
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Police want all those people attending the Torch Relay celebrations to have an enjoyable experience.
“We would like to thank motorists in advance for their consideration whilst the Torch passes through the area.
“We advise spectators to stay safe, listen to the advice given by traffic marshals and stewards and to look after their belongings.”