One place left for Legends match
Miles Jermy A LUCKY Norwich City fan could get the chance to play alongside some of their heroes by taking up the final place in the Legends squad for the match against Great Yarmouth on January 28.
A LUCKY Norwich City fan could get the chance to play alongside some of their heroes by taking up the final place in the Legends squad for the match
against Great Yarmouth on January 28.
Some of the biggest names in the club's history will be taking to the field for the match against a Great Yarmouth Town XI at The Wellesley, including Dion Dublin, Iwan Roberts, Darren Eadie, Chris Sutton, Bryan Gunn and Jeremy Goss.
You may also want to watch:
Another legend, Darren Huckerby will also be joining former teammates in what he
says will be his last game in England.
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
Together they were part of some of the Canaries' biggest glory days, and the stars will be hoping to show they have not lost the magic touch lining up for Dale Gordon's Norwich City Legends team.
The Legends team is managed by former City boss Dave Stringer, and a fan, willing to pay £500, can take part in the match for 30 minutes as part of the Legends team.
All the money raised from the match will be donated to Great Yarmouth Football Club, where Gordon is director of football.
Ex-Bloaters boss Bill Punton, who was a member of the Canaries' famous 1959 FA cup semi-final side, is taking charge of the Yarmouth Town X1.
Other stars from the 1959 team are expected to attend the match, along with members of the current squad, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of their heroic cup exploits.
Former Norwich, Glasgow Rangers and West Ham star Gordon said the match would be a real boost for Yarmouth.
“Obviously Darren taking part has generated a massive amount of interest. There is a real buzz about the town at the moment and this is increasing the feelgood factor,” said Mr Gordon.
“There is just one more space left for a fan wanting to take part in what would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. It would make an unforgettable Christmas present for any Norwich City supporter.”
Tickets for the game cost £10 for adults and £5 for children and are available from Legends Lounge Bar, Sandown Road by phoning 01493 843373, or Pub on the Prom, Marine Parade, David Mobbs Sports in King Street and Norwich City ticket offices at Carrow Road and Castle Mall shopping centre, Norwich.
Any fan wishing to play in the match should call Dale Gordon on 07702 253229.