Opera comes to Woodlands
THE drama and passion of opera came to school in a production staged and performed by pupils.Children from Woodlands Primary, near Yarmouth had spent the last month writing, rehearsing and making costumes for the opera called All in One Night.
THE drama and passion of opera came to school in a production staged and performed by pupils.
Children from Woodlands Primary, near Yarmouth had spent the last month writing, rehearsing and making costumes for the opera called All in One Night.
The story revolves around selfish film star, Jemma, who is forced to change her ways by her kind-hearted daughters.
Three performances were staged at the school to a specially invited audience of family, friends and school staff.
You may also want to watch:
All in One Night was performed by pupils as part of a Royal Opera House project to promote opera in schools.
Year 6 team leader Susanna Thomson helped direct the opera with colleague Erin Tungate.
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
Miss Thomson said: “The pupils volunteered to be in the company, and worked over the last month writing the plot, libretto and music, and designing and making the costumes, set and lighting. Everything has been done by the children and the audience was very appreciative.”