Opera comes to Woodlands
THE drama and passion of opera came to school in a production staged and performed by pupils.Children from Woodlands Primary, near Yarmouth had spent the last month writing, rehearsing and making costumes for the opera called All in One Night.
THE drama and passion of opera came to school in a production staged and performed by pupils.
Children from Woodlands Primary, near Yarmouth had spent the last month writing, rehearsing and making costumes for the opera called All in One Night.
The story revolves around selfish film star, Jemma, who is forced to change her ways by her kind-hearted daughters.
Three performances were staged at the school to a specially invited audience of family, friends and school staff.
You may also want to watch:
All in One Night was performed by pupils as part of a Royal Opera House project to promote opera in schools.
Year 6 team leader Susanna Thomson helped direct the opera with colleague Erin Tungate.
- 1 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"
- 2 Riverside road closed after sinkhole opens up
- 3 Mercedes badge or shooting star? Confusion over town's new light display
- 4 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk high school appoints new principal after 'difficult year'
- 7 'Subtly creepy' man, 70, posed as teen to chat to 12-year-old girls
- 8 Eyes down for bingo and bubbly as players toast their return
- 9 Missing man found safe and well in woodland near his home
- 10 Classic car festival cancelled - but will return "bigger and better"
Miss Thomson said: “The pupils volunteered to be in the company, and worked over the last month writing the plot, libretto and music, and designing and making the costumes, set and lighting. Everything has been done by the children and the audience was very appreciative.”