Orbit Housing affordable homes for Yarmouth
Orbit East Housing Association has announced the completion of a 16-flats development in Southtown Road, Great Yarmouth, providing a much-needed boost to the area.
Residents will be moving into the two-bedroom flats during December and it is expected to be fully occupied by the end of this month.
Orbit East gained funding for the scheme from the Homes and Communities Agency and worked in partnership with building contractor ISG Jackson and Great Yarmouth Borough Council’s planning department which had extensive input into the selection of materials used, helping to enhance the quality.
The building, which includes lift-access, is a timber-frame construction with external brick skin, while the ground floor has under-croft parking, storage areas and office space.
Orbit East’s assistant development director Paul Bonnett said: “The opening of these new homes has been the result of a great deal of dedicated work.
You may also want to watch:
“With the demand for good-quality, affordable homes in the area being so high, this represents an important step towards meeting this need. The homes have been sensitively designed to contribute positively to the appearance of Yarmouth.”
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term