Ormesby church buzzes with energy, and a new leader
AN ORMESBY church is abuzz with fresh energy after moving into a brand new home and finding a new leader.
Light of Life Baptist Church will look to do more work in their community after moving into All Saints Parish Hall in Beach Road, Scratby and appointing Matt Gooch (pictured) as senior leader.
They are the first group to rent the hall after being forced to move due to increasing numbers, and, due to still owning a base in North Road, Ormesby St Margaret, are able to be more flexible in their various youth groups and drop in day projects.
Mr Gooch was previously director of Great Yarmouth based charity East Norfolk Youth for Christ, but felt the calling to lead the group of leaders, who have been without a senior leader for two years.
The church is inviting people to their Big Welcome, to come and see what their church is like and warm the new venue. The Sunday, September 16 event at the hall is open to everyone from 10.30am. There will be coffee, cakes, chat, a quiz, free lunch and a supervised bouncy castle.
You may also want to watch:
One of the church leaders, Anne Child, said: “We are very excited at moving into the new venue, and with Matt’s vision for the church.
“We are hoping to use the existing church building to reach into the community more, we will have more flexibility, to do more and be more.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
“We want people to come in and enjoy themselves on Sunday, have a coffee, and see if they like what we do.”
The church will only be using the new parish hall on Sundays, other events will be in the North Road base.
Mr Gooch said: “This church is on the move, exciting, relevant and very different.”