Ormesby fundraiser for youngster
Liz Coates THEY did just grand - three times over in fact!Villagers in Ormesby dug deep for money and fundraising ideas to help local lad George Howard.The effort culminated on Saturday - George's 7th birthday - with a range of events at the Jolly Farmers pub where locals enjoyed pub games and forfeits.
THEY did just grand - three times over in fact!
Villagers in Ormesby dug deep for money and fundraising ideas to help local lad George Howard.
The effort culminated on Saturday - George's 7th birthday - with a range of events at the Jolly Farmers pub where locals enjoyed pub games and forfeits.
Local pharmacist David Matilla finally parted with his bushy beard of seven months after a chance quip by George's mum Michelle Howard got the fundraising ball rolling.
Local shoppers have been putting pennies in home-made appeal boxes around the village and sponsorship forms have helped raise �3,350 for equipment for George whose life-limiting disorder was diagnosed as a baby.
- 1 Takeaways in and around Great Yarmouth with five-star food hygiene ratings
- 2 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 3 Erosion-risk coastwatch tower to be dismantled
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 6 Medieval tower poised to become 'unique' holiday let
- 7 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 8 Bid to capture giant eagle owl living in village put forward
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
George's dad Paul Howard was “overwhelmed” by the generosity of friends and strangers who had raised a staggering amount for their profoundly disabled little boy.
“Everyone has been so generous. I keep thanking people and hopefully they realise how much I really mean it. The pub did a brilliant job and raised an incredible �1,025. The Co-op Pharmacy raised �1,167, the Spar raised �500, the Ormesby Chippy raised �241, Total Garage raised �300, Rackhams Butchers raised �100 and the Ormesby Post Office raised �17.
Mr Howard said the cash would enable the family to buy specialist equipment.