Ormesby pensioner's fire escape
A PENSIONER escaped when a frying pan in his kitchen caught fire on Saturday evening.Norman Munroe, 75, of Decoy Road, Ormesby St Margaret was busy cooking shortly after 8pm, but went away to attend to another task forgetting he had left the frying pan on the hob.
A PENSIONER escaped when a frying pan in his kitchen caught fire on Saturday evening.
Norman Munroe, 75, of Decoy Road, Ormesby St Margaret was busy cooking shortly after 8pm, but went away to attend to another task forgetting he had left the frying pan on the hob.
He said the pan caught fire but he was able to put it out before firefighters arrived. He believed an alert neighbour had called the fire service after seeing smoke coming from the house.
Mr Munroe, who lives with his son Ian, 46, said: “I could have been worried when the pan caught fire, but I am fairly robust. I don't panic much.”
You may also want to watch:
Fire service spokesman Martin Barsby said Mr Munroe received treatment from paramedics for smoke inhalation.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 6 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 7 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 10 £1.5m housing plan for failed former mental health hospital