Owners' heartbreak as cats poisoned
THE owners of a cat had to take the heartrending decision to have their much loved pet put down after it was poisoned last week.Thomas Stevenson had to rush his cat Andre to the vets after it returned severely ill to his Gorleston home.
THE owners of a cat had to take the heartrending decision to have their much loved pet put down after it was poisoned last week.
Thomas Stevenson had to rush his cat Andre to the vets after it returned severely ill to his Gorleston home.
It was the third case of a cat being poisoned on Wadham Road on the Magdalen Estate in the space of the last few months.
In August two cats belonging to Adrian Eke and his family were put down after suffering from similar symptoms.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stephenson, 40, a security porter at James Paget University Hospital, said: “Andre was a very adventurous cat and would follow you around everywhere.
“At first we just thought he had a bad tummy, but soon afterwards he became all wobbly and appeared to be hallucinating.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Mayor suspended after breaking Covid rules
- 2 Norfolk Day sponsor postpones seaside event over safety concerns
- 3 Retired electrician who died in fire at home is named
- 4 Infections almost double national average in some Yarmouth neighbourhoods
- 5 Inquest adjourned into death of woman who died during cosmetic operation
- 6 Man helped from river after concerns for his safety
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Head chef whose kitchen burned down leaves restaurant
- 9 Pub loses £40k from Covid closures during Euro 2020
- 10 £4.6m market 'on track' as new building takes shape
“We were told he had been poisoned, you would be looking at hundreds of pounds to find out what it was, but I would like to know who did it.”
The Eke family were devastated to have their two cats Misty and Fizzy put down on the same day after both suffered poisoning.
The pair had been treasured family pets since they were kittens, but were destroyed within hours of each other after being infected by the mystery toxin.