Owners' heartbreak as cats poisoned
THE owners of a cat had to take the heartrending decision to have their much loved pet put down after it was poisoned last week.Thomas Stevenson had to rush his cat Andre to the vets after it returned severely ill to his Gorleston home.
THE owners of a cat had to take the heartrending decision to have their much loved pet put down after it was poisoned last week.
Thomas Stevenson had to rush his cat Andre to the vets after it returned severely ill to his Gorleston home.
It was the third case of a cat being poisoned on Wadham Road on the Magdalen Estate in the space of the last few months.
In August two cats belonging to Adrian Eke and his family were put down after suffering from similar symptoms.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stephenson, 40, a security porter at James Paget University Hospital, said: “Andre was a very adventurous cat and would follow you around everywhere.
“At first we just thought he had a bad tummy, but soon afterwards he became all wobbly and appeared to be hallucinating.
- 1 Sinkhole appears on busy coastal bus route in Gorleston
- 2 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 3 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 4 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 5 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 7 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 8 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 9 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 10 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
“We were told he had been poisoned, you would be looking at hundreds of pounds to find out what it was, but I would like to know who did it.”
The Eke family were devastated to have their two cats Misty and Fizzy put down on the same day after both suffered poisoning.
The pair had been treasured family pets since they were kittens, but were destroyed within hours of each other after being infected by the mystery toxin.