Gym celebrates 30th anniversary by posing fitness and health challenges
- Credit: Archant
A health and fitness club has launched a 30 day challenge to help celebrate a landmark anniversary.
Palms Health and Fitness Club, based at Potters Resort at Hopton, is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year.
Its has launched a Palms 30 Day Personal Challenge as part of the celebrations.
Members can join in by deciding their own challenge and letting the Palms team help them reach their personal goals to get fit and healthy.
Examples could be swimming 30 miles over 30 days, going to the gym three times a week or walking to the gym rather than taking the car.
Members can also count on the support of the 20-strong staff at Palms, who also have set up their own challenges, such as 3,000 push-ups over 30 days and 30 days of no alcohol.
As well as the challenge, Potters guests can get involved in the celebrations as there will be special 80s-themed exercise classes over the summer to celebrate the decade that the club first started.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 5 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 6 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 7 Council defends cost of £70 posy vases amid criticism
- 8 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 9 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 10 Why this Gorleston church is place to be for Queen's Jubilee party fun
Attendees have the option of dressing-up in their 80s clothes and legwarmers.
As a warm up to this, the club is using 80s music for some of its existing exercise classes from Friday, June 22 as well as hosting coffee and cake events.
Ian Hawes, Palms manager, said: “We wanted to include our members in our celebrations and help them in committing and completing their personal health and fitness goals.
“Everyone can support each other, and members who complete their personal challenge will also receive a special Palms 30 year sweatband.
“For some extra fun, and to get even more people involved, our fun aerobics 80s-themed class will include an epic soundtrack to the likes of Michael Jackson and will start on Thursdays in July.”
People are then being encouraged to track their 30 Day Challenge progress by sharing it with Palms on its social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter @palmshealth or Instagram @palmshealthandfitnessclub. They can also use #palms30 too.
For more information on Palms visit www.palms-health-club.co.uk