Patients asked to review stay in JPH
STAFF cheery, food wonderful, could have done with a bit more information about treatment but otherwise a reasonable stay. Wish you were here?It sounds like a postcard home from a holiday destination but patients at James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, are being encouraged to review every aspect of their care as they might a campsite or restaurant, helping other patients to shop around.
STAFF cheery, food wonderful, could have done with a bit more information about treatment but otherwise a reasonable stay. Wish you were here?
It sounds like a postcard home from a holiday destination but patients at James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, are being encouraged to review every aspect of their care as they might a campsite or restaurant, helping other patients to shop around.
Although it has been around a while the new NHS Choices hospital comparison website launched on Tuesday offers a new scorecard which helps people see what others have said about different aspects of care.
Still in its early days and with relatively few comments - 12 relating to the JPH - a few people with bad experiences can make the hospital look much worse than it is.
You may also want to watch:
At the JPH 55pc said they would recommend it to a friend- though this figure is based on just nine reviews.
Site comments include:
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 3 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 4 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 5 'Nobody wants the responsibility' - Town's public art collection for sale
- 6 Man denies raping woman in flat above fast food outlet
- 7 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans memorial garden for Gorleston woman
- 8 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- “The hospital was clean and welcoming, the staff as a whole are respectful and caring…It is clear the cleaning has returned to a priority rather a necessity of function.”
- “Sleeping in blood and vomit soiled sheets for almost seven days.”
- “I was told exactly what to expect. The staff were great, though very short staffed they still attended to most patients needs.”
- “The staff treated me with respect, took the time to explain procedures and had a positive attitude. The food was brilliant.”
Nick Coveney, director of nursing and patient services at James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: “We actively encourage our patients to feedback their views of the services we provide, as this helps us to identify the areas where we are performing well and those where improvements could be made.
“We want everybody to have the best possible experience when using the hospital. We would encourage anyone who has specific feedback to contact us directly, through our PALS service on 01493 453240.
“If necessary, we can then respond to their inquiry in confidence.”
- To find the website visit www.nhs.uk and type the name of the hospital you want to read or comment about into the search box.