Patients benefit from JPUH investment
PATIENTS are set to benefit from new state-of-the-art digital imaging equipment at James Paget University Hospital.Earlier this year new equipment was installed in the Breast Imaging and X-Ray Departments, while a third medical ultrasound room has been added.
PATIENTS are set to benefit from new state-of-the-art digital imaging equipment at James Paget University Hospital.
Earlier this year new equipment was installed in the Breast Imaging and X-Ray Departments, while a third medical ultrasound room has been added.
An x-ray room has been re-equipped and the X-Ray Department waiting area is to be improved, with dedicated bays allowing staff to better monitor patients confined to their beds.
The �2m project represents a significant investment in radiology services at the NHS Trust hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Each aspect of the work has been designed with a strong emphasis on infection prevention, with all new clinical rooms lined with an easy-to-clean plastic surface. All of the sinks have also been fitted with hands-free, electronically operated taps.
Professional head of radiology Kol Kishan said: “These improvements represent a significant investment for the Trust, and again underline our commitment to providing our patients with the highest quality services delivered in the best possible environment.
- 1 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 2 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 3 Five hundred arrests help Great Yarmouth's war on drugs
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 'Curiouser and curiouser' - Mystery white rabbit graffiti appears on coast
- 6 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed
- 7 Retired electrician who died in fire at home is named
- 8 'Ripped our hearts out' - Shop owners 'gutted' after burglars strike
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Man in 40s dies from Covid at Norfolk hospital
“The new equipment will bring huge benefits to patients. Specifically designed to ensure their comfort, it also provides extremely high quality images. These will prove extremely useful in helping us to diagnose conditions even more quickly - in turn ensuring treatment can start as soon as possible.”
As part of the project, the Breast Imaging Department has been upgraded and expanded, providing a more spacious waiting room and additional clinical rooms allowing the screening of more patients.
The new x-ray equipment, installed in part of the main X-Ray Department, will provide better quality images for diagnosis.