Patients benefit from JPUH investment
PATIENTS are set to benefit from new state-of-the-art digital imaging equipment at James Paget University Hospital.Earlier this year new equipment was installed in the Breast Imaging and X-Ray Departments, while a third medical ultrasound room has been added.
PATIENTS are set to benefit from new state-of-the-art digital imaging equipment at James Paget University Hospital.
Earlier this year new equipment was installed in the Breast Imaging and X-Ray Departments, while a third medical ultrasound room has been added.
An x-ray room has been re-equipped and the X-Ray Department waiting area is to be improved, with dedicated bays allowing staff to better monitor patients confined to their beds.
The �2m project represents a significant investment in radiology services at the NHS Trust hospital.
Each aspect of the work has been designed with a strong emphasis on infection prevention, with all new clinical rooms lined with an easy-to-clean plastic surface. All of the sinks have also been fitted with hands-free, electronically operated taps.
Professional head of radiology Kol Kishan said: “These improvements represent a significant investment for the Trust, and again underline our commitment to providing our patients with the highest quality services delivered in the best possible environment.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
“The new equipment will bring huge benefits to patients. Specifically designed to ensure their comfort, it also provides extremely high quality images. These will prove extremely useful in helping us to diagnose conditions even more quickly - in turn ensuring treatment can start as soon as possible.”
As part of the project, the Breast Imaging Department has been upgraded and expanded, providing a more spacious waiting room and additional clinical rooms allowing the screening of more patients.
The new x-ray equipment, installed in part of the main X-Ray Department, will provide better quality images for diagnosis.