Paul keeps runners on the pace
FORMER Olympic athlete Paul Evans will be putting participants through their paces at a special East Coast Run training evening on Monday.Starting 7pm at the Wellesley runners of all abilities are welcome to the free event organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council sports development unit and Active Norfolk.
FORMER Olympic athlete Paul Evans will be putting participants through their paces at a special East Coast Run training evening on Monday.
Starting 7pm at the Wellesley runners of all abilities are welcome to the free event organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council sports development unit and Active Norfolk.
Paul, who is also providing a weekly training programme, the Mercury said: “The session is suitable for all abilities and everyone from club runners to complete novices can come along. It doesn't matter if you are following the training programme or not.”
After being put through their paces participants can ask Paul questions about preparing for the run on Sunday, October 25.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants can also attend Great Yarmouth Road Runners training sessions every Tuesday from 6.45pm, at Cliff Park Junior School.
Beginners' sessions are also being held every Wednesday 5 to 6pm at the Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS office, Common Lane North, Beccles.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 4 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 9 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 10 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
The race is organised by Great Yarmouth Road Runners with sponsorship from Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS. Partners include Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Active Norfolk, Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership and Greater Yarmouth Tourism Authority. The Mercury is the media partner.
Prizes will be awarded for five age categories and teams with a special memento for all finishers.
By Paul Evans
Sunday: 5 min walk/warm up; 10 x 2 min jog with 90 sec walk recovery; 5 min walk/warm down
Tuesday: 5 min walk/warm down; 20 min jog; 5 min walk/warm down
Thursday: Free to jog/walk as you feel, try to be out for at least 30 min
Saturday: 5 min walk/warm up; 4 x 3 min jog with 2 min recovery; 5 min walk/warm down