Paul keeps runners on the pace
FORMER Olympic athlete Paul Evans will be putting participants through their paces at a special East Coast Run training evening on Monday.Starting 7pm at the Wellesley runners of all abilities are welcome to the free event organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council sports development unit and Active Norfolk.
FORMER Olympic athlete Paul Evans will be putting participants through their paces at a special East Coast Run training evening on Monday.
Starting 7pm at the Wellesley runners of all abilities are welcome to the free event organised by Great Yarmouth Borough Council sports development unit and Active Norfolk.
Paul, who is also providing a weekly training programme, the Mercury said: “The session is suitable for all abilities and everyone from club runners to complete novices can come along. It doesn't matter if you are following the training programme or not.”
After being put through their paces participants can ask Paul questions about preparing for the run on Sunday, October 25.
You may also want to watch:
Entrants can also attend Great Yarmouth Road Runners training sessions every Tuesday from 6.45pm, at Cliff Park Junior School.
Beginners' sessions are also being held every Wednesday 5 to 6pm at the Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS office, Common Lane North, Beccles.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 4 Historical clock restored after sitting in cellar for 60 years
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
The race is organised by Great Yarmouth Road Runners with sponsorship from Great Yarmouth and Waveney NHS. Partners include Great Yarmouth Borough Council, Active Norfolk, Great Yarmouth Town Centre Partnership and Greater Yarmouth Tourism Authority. The Mercury is the media partner.
Prizes will be awarded for five age categories and teams with a special memento for all finishers.
By Paul Evans
Sunday: 5 min walk/warm up; 10 x 2 min jog with 90 sec walk recovery; 5 min walk/warm down
Tuesday: 5 min walk/warm down; 20 min jog; 5 min walk/warm down
Thursday: Free to jog/walk as you feel, try to be out for at least 30 min
Saturday: 5 min walk/warm up; 4 x 3 min jog with 2 min recovery; 5 min walk/warm down