Perfect perscription to stop smoking
PEOPLE in Great Yarmouth and Waveney are being offered help to stop smoking - by dropping into their local pharmacy.During the next few weeks stop smoking advisors will be visiting pharmacies to offer customers the chance to join a free treatment programme.
PEOPLE in Great Yarmouth and Waveney are being offered help to stop smoking - by dropping into their local pharmacy.
During the next few weeks stop smoking advisors will be visiting pharmacies to offer customers the chance to join a free treatment programme.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney health promoter Tracey Read said: “We would encourage anyone who has thought about stopping smoking or would like to do so to come along to one of these sessions and find out how we can help.
“Smoking is the biggest preventable cause of death in the UK and can also cause significant health problems and illness.
Many smokers find it very difficult to stop - but getting the right help and support from the NHS can significantly increase your chances of success, leaving you feeling fitter, healthier and happier.”
Miss Read and her colleagues will be at the following pharmacies over the coming weeks:
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 5 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 10 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
Thursday, March 25, 11am to 2pm - Boots, London Road North, Lowestoft
Friday, March 26, 9am to 12noon - Superdrug, the Britten Centre, Lowestoft
Wednesday, April 7, 11am to 2pm - Boots, Market Gates Shopping Centre, Great Yarmouth
Friday, April 9, 11am to 2pm - Asda, Acle New Road, Great Yarmouth
Consultations take place in private and the information is confidential.
To sign up for help from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Service, text QUIT to 65000 or call 01493 452067.