Perfect perscription to stop smoking
PEOPLE in Great Yarmouth and Waveney are being offered help to stop smoking - by dropping into their local pharmacy.During the next few weeks stop smoking advisors will be visiting pharmacies to offer customers the chance to join a free treatment programme.
PEOPLE in Great Yarmouth and Waveney are being offered help to stop smoking - by dropping into their local pharmacy.
During the next few weeks stop smoking advisors will be visiting pharmacies to offer customers the chance to join a free treatment programme.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney health promoter Tracey Read said: “We would encourage anyone who has thought about stopping smoking or would like to do so to come along to one of these sessions and find out how we can help.
“Smoking is the biggest preventable cause of death in the UK and can also cause significant health problems and illness.
You may also want to watch:
Many smokers find it very difficult to stop - but getting the right help and support from the NHS can significantly increase your chances of success, leaving you feeling fitter, healthier and happier.”
Miss Read and her colleagues will be at the following pharmacies over the coming weeks:
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 Fashion boss treats Yarmouth auntie to Mercedes for 60th birthday
- 3 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 4 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 5 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 6 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 7 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 8 Public response 'phenomenal' as Yarmouth festival sold out
- 9 Public meetings to be held over 665-home bid
- 10 'People here know my name' - how crisis cafe is helping mental health
Thursday, March 25, 11am to 2pm - Boots, London Road North, Lowestoft
Friday, March 26, 9am to 12noon - Superdrug, the Britten Centre, Lowestoft
Wednesday, April 7, 11am to 2pm - Boots, Market Gates Shopping Centre, Great Yarmouth
Friday, April 9, 11am to 2pm - Asda, Acle New Road, Great Yarmouth
Consultations take place in private and the information is confidential.
To sign up for help from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's Stop Smoking Service, text QUIT to 65000 or call 01493 452067.