Firefighters rescue woman with foot trapped in Market Gates escalator
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters rescued a woman whose foot was trapped in an escalator in a Norfolk shopping centre.
Two fire engines went to Market Gates shopping centre in Great Yarmouth at 11.30am on Tuesday (May 7).
Crews used heavy rescue equipment including hydraulic or battery powered cutting tools and small gear to release the woman.
It took 15 minutes.
A paramedic also attended the scene, the fire service said.
East Anglia Ambulance Service had been called at 11.25am to reports of an injured person at the shopping centre.
One ambulance and a rapid response vehicle were sent to the scene.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
The woman was taken to James Paget University Hospital for further treatment.