Person rescued from first floor of Great Yarmouth house after fire breaks out in stairwell
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
One person was rescued from their house in Great Yarmouth after a fire broke out in a stairwell.
Crews from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Acle were called to the property on Rodney Road at 8.15pm on Sunday night.
A fire had broken out in the stairwell, meaning the resident could not get downstairs to leave the property.
Firefighters used main and hose reel jets and a ventilation fan to make sure the fire was put out, and helped one person leave the house using a ladder.
They are not thought to have suffered any injuries.
The fire crews had left the scene within an hour.
Just before 9.10pm, two crews from Gorleston were called to a second fire in a kitchen on Pembroke Avenue in Gorleston.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 6 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 7 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 8 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 9 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
The crews, who spent just under half an hour on scene, used hose reel jets to extinguish it.