Search

Person rescued from first floor of Great Yarmouth house after fire breaks out in stairwell

PUBLISHED: 21:24 11 June 2017 | UPDATED: 21:39 11 June 2017

Two fire crews were called to a kitchen fire in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley

Two fire crews were called to a kitchen fire in Attleborough. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

One person was rescued from their house in Great Yarmouth after a fire broke out in a stairwell.

Crews from Great Yarmouth, Gorleston and Acle were called to the property on Rodney Road at 8.15pm on Sunday night.

A fire had broken out in the stairwell, meaning the resident could not get downstairs to leave the property.

Firefighters used main and hose reel jets and a ventilation fan to make sure the fire was put out, and helped one person leave the house using a ladder.

They are not thought to have suffered any injuries.

The fire crews had left the scene within an hour.

Just before 9.10pm, two crews from Gorleston were called to a second fire in a kitchen on Pembroke Avenue in Gorleston.

The crews, who spent just under half an hour on scene, used hose reel jets to extinguish it.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists