Peter Andre cancels Great Yarmouth show for second time
- Credit: Archant
Peter Andre fans who paid up to £91 for a ticket to see the celebrity have been left disappointed after his show in Great Yarmouth was cancelled.
The show, due to happen at 6.30pm tonight, is the latest in a line of cancellations from Mr Andre, including another show at the Britannia Pier in Great Yarmouth on June 9 this year and one at the Ocean Rooms in Great Yarmouth in November 2017.
Britannia Pier posted on Facebook that the show was cancelled due to the singer falling ill.
They said: “Unfortunately due to Peter Andre falling ill he has had to cancel tonight’s show in The Britannia Pier. The box office on the pier can give any details regarding further dates or refunds on tickets already bought.
“The box office will be in contact with everyone regarding new dates or refunds.”
Tickets are still on sale for the show on the Britannia Pier website and tickets are available from between £26 and £91, with more than 200 people buying tickets for the show.
The cancellation comes only a day after Peter Andre tweeted about a watersports day he was enjoying with his family in Florida.
- 1 'He was a great guest' - Tyson Fury stays at Gorleston hotel
- 2 Renewed bid to bulldoze 'ugly mess' country pub for homes
- 3 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 6 Thousands flock to village's 'biggest ever' festival
- 7 Carnival fun finally returns to town after Covid disruption
- 8 What the census tells us about Great Yarmouth
- 9 Hay bale fire leaves holidaymakers stuck on campsite
- 10 Car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth
Fans who were due to go and see the singer have been sharing their frustration.
Gemma Reynolds, 36, an administrator from Great Yarmouth, said her disabled sister, Katie Killick, 35, was devastated to miss out on what she described as a “life-long dream”.
Miss Reynolds said: “Katie is devastated. She suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and she lost her partner three years ago to cancer.
“This is one of her life-long dreams to see him and this is the third time he has cancelled.”
She added: “It is not fair. Yes he is famous and has a big fanbase but he is a human and he can go on holiday, but to post pictures less than 24 hours before he was due to meet a lot of fans is just heartbreaking.
“All these fans are seeing that he has had a great family holiday, it has just really ruffled my feathers.”
Britannia Pier and Mr Andre’s agent have been contacted for comment.
Are you due to be going to the show? If so, get in touch.