Petition plea demands grit on roads
A PETITION has been drawn up to demand that the well- used Ludham to Catfield road is always gritted in snowy and icy weather.County councillor Paul Rice wants people to support his quest to see Catfield Road being added to the County Hall treament list.
A PETITION has been drawn up to demand that the well- used Ludham to Catfield road is always gritted in snowy and icy weather.
County councillor Paul Rice wants people to support his quest to see Catfield Road being added to the County Hall treament list.
He said it only began to be gritted after he had complained about a spate of accidents on the road in poor conditions. The road was on bus and school bus routes and was well used by patients going to Ludham medical practice.
Mr Rice said the council argued it should not be added to the gritting list as there was an alternative route via Potter Heigham and the A149 and it did not have a history of accidents. He said that, while other roads might rightly be given priority in particularly bad weather, Catfield Road should be routinely gritted in winter.
You may also want to watch:
“We don't want a situation where there is a serious accident or a fatality along Catfield Road before it is added to the gritting list,” said Mr Rice.
A council spokesman said it welcomed people's views and concerns on the need to grit particular routes.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 3 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 4 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 5 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 6 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
Petition forms can be signed at Throwers, Ludham Butchers, Ludham medical practice and school, and Catfield Post Office.