Petition plea demands grit on roads
A PETITION has been drawn up to demand that the well- used Ludham to Catfield road is always gritted in snowy and icy weather.County councillor Paul Rice wants people to support his quest to see Catfield Road being added to the County Hall treament list.
A PETITION has been drawn up to demand that the well- used Ludham to Catfield road is always gritted in snowy and icy weather.
County councillor Paul Rice wants people to support his quest to see Catfield Road being added to the County Hall treament list.
He said it only began to be gritted after he had complained about a spate of accidents on the road in poor conditions. The road was on bus and school bus routes and was well used by patients going to Ludham medical practice.
Mr Rice said the council argued it should not be added to the gritting list as there was an alternative route via Potter Heigham and the A149 and it did not have a history of accidents. He said that, while other roads might rightly be given priority in particularly bad weather, Catfield Road should be routinely gritted in winter.
“We don't want a situation where there is a serious accident or a fatality along Catfield Road before it is added to the gritting list,” said Mr Rice.
A council spokesman said it welcomed people's views and concerns on the need to grit particular routes.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 8 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 10 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
Petition forms can be signed at Throwers, Ludham Butchers, Ludham medical practice and school, and Catfield Post Office.