Pickle and Preserves Day
NORFOLK is staging its first Pickle and Preserves Day with advice on old- fashioned food preservation.Chris Gates and Jim Marshall will offer their top tips on September 12 at Wroxham Barns.
NORFOLK is staging its first Pickle and Preserves Day with advice on old- fashioned food preservation.
Chris Gates and Jim Marshall will offer their top tips on September 12 at Wroxham Barns.
Mr Gates, and his wife Sheila, were growing Mediterranean herbs in their Burlingham Hall garden when they became inspired to dry bunches of the herbs to maximise the intense aromatic flavours. Upon a friend's advice they made some apple mint jelly, and their range of preserves gradually increased. Rosemary Jelly is now one of their specialities.
Mr Marshall, from Diss, has been making pickles and chutneys for the past four years.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 10am to 2pm and is part of the Produced in Norfolk Farmers' Market.
- 1 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 2 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 3 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
- 4 "We're looking to move soon" - Neighbours' anger over derelict building fires
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 8 Cafe opens at expanded farm shop that boomed during lockdown
- 9 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 10 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity