Pickle and Preserves Day
NORFOLK is staging its first Pickle and Preserves Day with advice on old- fashioned food preservation.Chris Gates and Jim Marshall will offer their top tips on September 12 at Wroxham Barns.
NORFOLK is staging its first Pickle and Preserves Day with advice on old- fashioned food preservation.
Chris Gates and Jim Marshall will offer their top tips on September 12 at Wroxham Barns.
Mr Gates, and his wife Sheila, were growing Mediterranean herbs in their Burlingham Hall garden when they became inspired to dry bunches of the herbs to maximise the intense aromatic flavours. Upon a friend's advice they made some apple mint jelly, and their range of preserves gradually increased. Rosemary Jelly is now one of their specialities.
Mr Marshall, from Diss, has been making pickles and chutneys for the past four years.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 10am to 2pm and is part of the Produced in Norfolk Farmers' Market.
- 1 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 2 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 3 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 4 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
- 7 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 8 Missing man from Gorleston found
- 9 Yarmouth police officer admits seven child porn offences
- 10 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans remembrance garden for Gorleston woman