Plumbers' boiler boost for appeal
A LOCAL plumbing company has thrown its weight behind the Palliative Care East appeal. Anglia Boiler Maintenance, based in Caister, will donate 50p to the appeal from every domestic boiler it services until the full amount is raised.
A LOCAL plumbing company has thrown its weight behind the Palliative Care East appeal.
Anglia Boiler Maintenance, based in Caister, will donate 50p to the appeal from every domestic boiler it services until the full amount is raised.
It is expected to raise £100 a month and the company will also place collection boxes in its Embers Fireplaces showroom.
Money continues to pour into the appeal, with local shop Sentiments donating £200.
Shop owner Tracy Knights was awarded the Warm Welcome prize in a shop local campaign run by the Mercury's sister paper the Eastern Daily Press after being nominated by customers. To say thank-you, she decided to make a donation to the charity - which aims to raise £1.5m to build a palliative care centre in the ground of the James Paget University Hospital.
Appeal events include a coffee morning at Stokesby Hall on June 11, Northern Villages fundraising team's dinner and dance on June 13, and Dusmagrik Productions' Musical Magic at the Marina Centre on
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
Lowestoft fundraiser Tracy Harper will hold a fun day at Aldwyck Way in the town on July 13 from noon until 3.30pm; there will be stalls, clowns, dancers and the Signing Choir will also perform.
Donations of items for sale are needed. Call Tracy on 01502 585610.
For information on the above
events or to hold a fundraising event, contact Jenny Westgate on 01493 453348. Donations can be sent by post to the James Paget Healthcare NHS Trust Palliative Care Appeal, Palliative Care Team, Lowestoft Road, Gorleston, NR31 6LA. Cheques should be made payable to Palliative Care East.
Donations can be made online at www.palliative-care-east.org.uk