Police advice over valuables
PEOPLE visiting the coastal area of Caister this Easter holiday will be that much safer thanks to the local neighbourhood policing teams. Many visitors flock to the seaside resorts during the bank holiday weekend, but tend to be complacent about leaving valuables out on display.
PEOPLE visiting the coastal area of Caister this Easter holiday will be that much safer thanks to the local neighbourhood policing teams.
Many visitors flock to the seaside resorts during the bank holiday weekend, but tend to be complacent about leaving valuables out on display.
Police in the area are running Operation Spotlight to keep visitors safe this Easter period during one of the busiest weekends of the year.
The operation emphasises on keeping property secure and out of sight from opportunist thieves.
You may also want to watch:
The local safer neighbourhood teams (SNTs) in the area will be carrying out extra high visibility patrols across the holiday camps and will be providing guests with crime prevention advice.
Rural Flegg Villages SNT Sgt Caroline Adams said: “We would also like to remind visitors that leaving valuables on display in holiday accommodation while out makes it an easy target for opportunist thieves.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 3 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 4 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 7 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 8 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
“We have a very low crime rate locally and visitors can assist in keeping it that way by ensuring that all valuables are locked away out of sight or taken with they when you go out.”
The SNTs have also worked in partnership with holiday camps and chalet parks where the team gave advice about keeping the area secure.
To receive free crime prevention advice contact the local SNT on 0845 456 4567.