Police appeal for witnesses to Gorleston cafe arson
- Credit: James Bass
Police are appealing for witnesses to an arson at Growlers Cafe in Gorleston earlier this month.
It happened in the early hours of the morning on Monday, August 3, when suspect(s) gained entry to the roof of the former community centre in Church Lane and set alight to the roof space.
The Fire Service were called to extinguish the blaze and as a result significant damage was caused to the inside of the building.
At the time, owner Bradley Gager said he had been working to restore the vacant premises.
'I was trying to do a good thing for the community,' said Mr Gager, who had taken out a loan from his father to renovate the building.
'My idea was to give back to the area, I just don't know why anyone would do this.'
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen anything suspicious or has any information regarding the incident.
- 1 Warning after beach-goers hit with parking fines
- 2 'Deceptively large' fixer-upper in Yarmouth up for auction
- 3 Slug-infested home leads to £5,500 compensation pay-out
- 4 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 5 Seafront hotel evacuated as fire crews rush to the scene
- 6 Incredible photos of SS White Swan shipwreck revealed after low tide
- 7 Snack Shack serving drinks, rolls and ice creams opens at popular garden
- 8 School academy chain says no plan for three day week
- 9 Giant selfie sign for the Instagram age launched in Hemsby
- 10 Six Yarmouth flats producing £37,000 a year up for auction
They're asked to contact PC Natalie Simmons at Gorleston Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.