Police appeal for witnesses to Gorleston cafe arson
- Credit: James Bass
Police are appealing for witnesses to an arson at Growlers Cafe in Gorleston earlier this month.
It happened in the early hours of the morning on Monday, August 3, when suspect(s) gained entry to the roof of the former community centre in Church Lane and set alight to the roof space.
The Fire Service were called to extinguish the blaze and as a result significant damage was caused to the inside of the building.
At the time, owner Bradley Gager said he had been working to restore the vacant premises.
'I was trying to do a good thing for the community,' said Mr Gager, who had taken out a loan from his father to renovate the building.
'My idea was to give back to the area, I just don't know why anyone would do this.'
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen anything suspicious or has any information regarding the incident.
- 1 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 2 Great Yarmouth fashion boss offers free Maldives holiday
- 3 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing 30 jobs shifts to new site
- 4 Pregnancy joy for slimmer who lost over 6 stone for IVF
- 5 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Injuries reported after crash closes road in Great Yarmouth
- 8 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 9 5 classic car shows you can visit in Norfolk this year
- 10 Great Yarmouth in 2022 - Key trends to look out for this year
They're asked to contact PC Natalie Simmons at Gorleston Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.