Police auction stolen Porsche
A WARNING has gone out to criminals that they can soon be parted from their highly prized and valuable ill-gotten gains.It follows news that a silver Porsche Boxster, awarded to Norfolk police is being auctioned off.
A WARNING has gone out to criminals that they can soon be parted from their highly prized and valuable ill-gotten gains.
It follows news that a silver Porsche Boxster, awarded to Norfolk police is being auctioned off.
The car was recovered in May last year after its driver was stopped for disqualified driving and detained by police.
It had false registration plates and was first sold in 2000 but not legitimately imported into the UK. Following an order of court, by King's Lynn magistrates, it can now be lawfully sold.
You may also want to watch:
The proceeds raised from the auction will go to charitable causes.
Detective Chief Superintendent Julian Blazeby said: “We will track down assets, including cars and where appropriate seek court orders to ensure criminals don't gain from their activity.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 4 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 5 'I want to help as many people as I can' - Caister student's song for mental health
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 8 Abba and Beyoncé bottomless brunches coming to Norfolk venue
- 9 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 10 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
“We are now auctioning the Porsche for the public to bid for, with the money raised going to charitable causes. This sends out a very positive message to our local communities.”