Police auction stolen Porsche
A WARNING has gone out to criminals that they can soon be parted from their highly prized and valuable ill-gotten gains.It follows news that a silver Porsche Boxster, awarded to Norfolk police is being auctioned off.
A WARNING has gone out to criminals that they can soon be parted from their highly prized and valuable ill-gotten gains.
It follows news that a silver Porsche Boxster, awarded to Norfolk police is being auctioned off.
The car was recovered in May last year after its driver was stopped for disqualified driving and detained by police.
It had false registration plates and was first sold in 2000 but not legitimately imported into the UK. Following an order of court, by King's Lynn magistrates, it can now be lawfully sold.
You may also want to watch:
The proceeds raised from the auction will go to charitable causes.
Detective Chief Superintendent Julian Blazeby said: “We will track down assets, including cars and where appropriate seek court orders to ensure criminals don't gain from their activity.
- 1 Police arrest man in Gorleston murder probe
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new Sports Direct in town's former M&S
- 3 Man stabbed victim in chest with screwdriver at cemetery
- 4 'Trauma cafe' taking shape in former high street electrical shop
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Murder victim's brother: 'Please help find my beloved sister's killer'
- 7 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 8 Plan for third stand at coastal football ground
- 9 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
“We are now auctioning the Porsche for the public to bid for, with the money raised going to charitable causes. This sends out a very positive message to our local communities.”