Police close down illegal rave
A MUSIC rave was closed down swiftly after a member of public alerted police.Police were alerted early yesterday by a member of the public who said vehicles had gathered in a car park in Fritton, near Yarmouth.
A MUSIC rave was closed down swiftly after a member of public alerted police.
Police were alerted early yesterday by a member of the public who said vehicles had gathered in a car park in Fritton, near Yarmouth.
Officers were quickly on scene and closed the rave down within hours of it opening.
Supt Nick Dean said: “A large scale unlicensed musical event was broken up by police officers during the night.
You may also want to watch:
“About 75 people were dispersed after an unlawful event was discovered at Fritton. Sound equipment and generators were seized.
“Norfolk Constabulary has continually stated its positive stance and will take proactive action against these gatherings.
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Driver dies in crash on A47
“This incident further highlights that these events will not be tolerated in the county.
“They cause a significant disturbance to residents and the community, not to mention the environmental damage left by the people who attend.”