Police close down illegal rave
A MUSIC rave was closed down swiftly after a member of public alerted police.Police were alerted early yesterday by a member of the public who said vehicles had gathered in a car park in Fritton, near Yarmouth.
A MUSIC rave was closed down swiftly after a member of public alerted police.
Police were alerted early yesterday by a member of the public who said vehicles had gathered in a car park in Fritton, near Yarmouth.
Officers were quickly on scene and closed the rave down within hours of it opening.
Supt Nick Dean said: “A large scale unlicensed musical event was broken up by police officers during the night.
“About 75 people were dispersed after an unlawful event was discovered at Fritton. Sound equipment and generators were seized.
“Norfolk Constabulary has continually stated its positive stance and will take proactive action against these gatherings.
- 1 Former pub and nightclub up for auction in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Street food kitchen set to open in Gorleston
- 3 Police hunt wanted man with links along Norfolk and Waveney coast
- 4 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall to close after 65 years
- 5 Madness fans plan mass Yarmouth coaster ride to mark 40th milestone
- 6 Man found dead in sea off Great Yarmouth had made distress call
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Police carry out Street Safe patrols in north of town
- 9 Great Yarmouth man charged with burglary and fraud charges
- 10 Man robbed of £2,000 laptop after 'terrifying' Facebook Marketplace meet-up
“This incident further highlights that these events will not be tolerated in the county.
“They cause a significant disturbance to residents and the community, not to mention the environmental damage left by the people who attend.”