Police crackdown on park yobs
POLICE have launched a crackdown on anti-social behaviour in St George's Park in a bid to combat continuous vandalism. The Great Yarmouth park - recently revamped to the tune of £2.
POLICE have launched a crackdown on anti-social behaviour in St George's Park in a bid to combat continuous vandalism.
The Great Yarmouth park - recently revamped to the tune of £2.5m - has been targeted by a group of about 20 youths and in recent weeks the new nautical themed play area has been repeatedly vandalised.
A number of youths have already been arrested.
Insp Alun Gibbs said: “We will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in the town. We are working closely with the borough council and have increased patrols in the area, as well as monitoring CCTV. Other measures are also being taken including covert tactics to ensure that the park remains a safe enjoyable place to be.
You may also want to watch:
“Parents need to be aware of where their children are and what they are doing or they will have a visit from the police. Anyone found to be involved will be arrested and subject to an anti-social behaviour contract. Other measures will include taking action against irresponsible parents and if that means looking at their tenancies and moving problem families then that is what we and our partners will do. ”
Police are also encouraging anyone who witnesses anti-social behaviour in the park to contact them on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 2 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 3 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Man caught drying cannabis he had stolen from father-in-law
- 6 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 7 Great Yarmouth church to receive £300k grant
- 8 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 9 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages