Police end search for missing man
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Police have stopped searching for a missing 79-year-old man.
George Vale, from Hopton, near Great Yarmouth, was reported missing at around 9am on Friday, September 7.
Police say it was believed he was somewhere in the Lowestoft area.
A Suffolk Fire Service drone was deployed at 7.45pm on Saturday to try and find him and lifeboat crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston and Lowestoft also searched the coastline.
Coastguard crews from Lowestoft and Gorleston also took part in the search, along with a coastguard rescue helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
Searches along Lowestoft Harbour to Oulton Broad were also conducted.
Mr Vale is slim, 5ft 8ins, with brown greying hair which is three to four inches long. It is unknown what he is wearing.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 6 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 7 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam
Searches, led by Norfolk Police, ended on Monday for him.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should call police on 101 and reference CAD 96.