Police officer returns as second in command at Yarmouth station
- Credit: Archant
A police officer who started his career at Great Yarmouth police station has risen through the ranks to be second in command.
Ch Insp Nathan Clark, 44, began as a police constable in 1999 working in a patrol car.
He then became a sergeant, moved into CID before working as an inspector in Caister and Gorleston. After that he got promoted to chief inspector in Norwich and then South Norfolk.
Now he is the chief inspector he is responsible for managing officers in the district and making sure that daily demand is met.
Ch Insp Clark said: “We will have a continued focus on anti-social behaviour and protecting those who are vulnerable in our community.”
You may also want to watch:
Supt Roger Wiltshire, is the district commander for the Great Yarmouth area, who himself has been at the station for three years. He welcomed Ch Insp Clark to his role and added the senior management team at the station would like to hear from members of the public.
“We are always keen to hear from the public. We understand that sometimes finding out who is responsible for policing your area can be difficult. So if you have an issue about local policing in Great Yarmouth area we will make sure that it goes to the right person if you contact us.”
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
The other officers on the senior management team are Insp Craig Miller is the local policing inspector for Great Yarmouth, Insp Nick Cheshire is the local policing inspector for Gorleston and Insp Donald Dallas is the partnership inspector.
To contact the police station, email email@example.com, call 101, or write a letter to Great Yarmouth Police Station, Howard Street North, Great Yarmouth, NR30 1PH.