Police plea over raid jeep
POLICE investigating a robbery at a busy Tesco store in Great Yarmouth have recovered a vehicle which could have been used in the crime.It is believed the black Jeep Cherokee registration number V408 LUG was used as a getaway vehicle during the robbery by three masked men.
POLICE investigating a robbery at a busy Tesco store in Great Yarmouth have recovered a vehicle which could have been used in the crime.
It is believed the black Jeep Cherokee registration number V408 LUG was used as a getaway vehicle during the robbery by three masked men.
The vehicle has been recovered in a parking bay on High Mill Road, Cobholm, at the rear of the Pasta Foods.
Officers are releasing the details of the vehicle, which is currently undergoing extensive forensic examinations, in the hope someone may have spotted it prior to or after the robbery.
Det Insp Rickie Botwright, leading the investigation, said: “We believe this is the location where the robbers would have changed into a different vehicle to leave the area.
“It is likely at this stage they would have removed their face coverings. I would ask anyone who was in this area between 6.30pm and 7pm on Monday evening to contact us as they may have information in relation to this changeover of vehicles.
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 5 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 10 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
“We would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen the Jeep in this area prior to the robbery.”
The robbery took place in the car park at Tesco supermarket in Jones Way on Monday evening.
Security staff were loading cash into an ATM machine at the store at around 6.45 pm when they were approached by three men wearing balaclavas. The men threatened the security guards before making off with a large quantity of cash. The security guards were not hurt during the incident.
Anyone with information should contact DI Ricky Botwright at Great Yarmouth Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.